DMS Library Media Center
Monday - Thursday 7:50 am - 4:00pmFriday 7:50 am - 3:30pmCheck in/out booksComputers available to complete assignmentsSearch the library - See if the DMS library has the book you are looking for by clicking on the Catalog tab to enter your search, log in to see your account information, place books on hold or recommend books to friends - this must be done from a district computer. You can search for book from an off campus computer.DMS Series - Series that the DMS Library currently has. Organized alphabetically by series title.
All About Those Books!!
DMS Library Links - Click on the Digital Library for access to hundreds? thousands? of ebooks and audiobooks and more!!
Sora!! - check out ebooks
KDL What's Next? - to search for the next book in a series.
Fantastic Fiction - Find out which book is next in the series and other information on all fiction.
arbookfind.com - Find out if there is an Accelerated Reader quiz available for your book.
Share What You're Reading - share what you have read - or read what others have to say about a book
Help with Research
Traveler Databases A-Z are sponsored by the Arkansas State Library helps you to find approved, reliable articles for research projects. A database is a collection of information that is organized so that it can be easily accessed, managed and updated.
The databases over on the right are used most often in middle school. >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
- Databases - best source because it will be fact based and reliable - scroll down to see the list of databases under the black menu bar
- Destiny - see if there are any books in the DMS Library on your topic - remember to check the index of the book - Webpath Express in Destiny is a great resource
- Google Scholar -benefits: works like Google - you can set up alerts (for current events) - provides quick citations
- Wikipedia - although most teachers will NOT let you use Wikipedia as a source - Wikipedia may also give you some ideas of things to search for your main topic - also, if you scroll to the bottom of the wikipedia article on your topic, you will find other reliable sources
- Google - as a last resort - use google to search for information on your topic. Just remember - anyone can create a website - so the information may or may not be reliable.
Advanced Search Techniques - Presentation
Setting Up a Research Account in World Book - this is through the Traveler Databases
How to Use Footnote Tool in Google Docs - video
Easy Bib - use this to help you cite your sources (Remember - all works cited needs to be alphabetized!!)
Dictionary - use this to look up those words you are not familiar with
Plagiarism Explained - Common Craft presentation explaining plagiarism
What is Plagiarism? - you can listen to this in English and in Spanish.
The Encyclopedia of Arkansas History & Culture (EOA) is a project of the Butler Center for Arkansas Studies at the Central Arkansas Library System (CALS) in Little Rock, Arkansas. It is the only state encyclopedia in the country to be produced by a library system. The EOA strives to offer a definitive, comprehensive, and accurate record of America’s twenty-fifth state. The mission of this free online encyclopedia is to collect and disseminate information on all aspects of the state’s history and culture and to provide a comprehensive reference work for historians, teachers, students, and others seeking to understand and appreciate Arkansas’s heritage.
Newsela - is an Instructional Content Platform that supercharges reading engagement and learning in every subject.
ThinkCerca - offers CCSS-aligned lessons that promote close reading and argumentative writing for Language Arts, Social Studies and Science classes
Check Your Facts - top 10 sites to help you check your facts
RumorGuard - is what you're seeing and hearing real? Don't believe everything you read or hear on the Internet!!