You can restore your browser settings in Chrome at any time. You might need to do this if apps or extensions you installed changed your settings without your knowledge. Your saved bookmarks and passwords won't be cleared or changed.
- On your computer, open Chrome.
- At the top right, click More Settings.
- At the bottom, click Advanced.
- Chromebook, Linux, and Mac: Under "Reset Settings," click Restore settings to their original defaults Reset Settings.
- Windows: Under "Reset and cleanup,” click Reset Settings Reset Settings.
Here is a video showing how to do this on a Windows computer. The steps are very similar to a Chromebook.